We believe that access to an independent and open Internet is a critical human right. By building a sustainable advertising ecosystem for journalists, content creators, and app developers, we can help them and their users thrive.
We are looking for Engineers to join our growing Data Engineering team who are thrilled by the complicated data challenges the advertising space offers. You’ll be using a very large database (petabytes of event data in Snowflake) that is clean, flexible, and fast. Our robust Airflow ETL system provides high levels of data integrity. In other words, you will not be spending your days struggling to keep the data pipelines running or cleaning up buggy data: we have already solved those problems for you. Sharethrough operates in a quickly changing business environment, with plenty of challenges at the ground level.
About the Role
- Ensure that our Looker implementation and Snowflake data warehouse work well together
- Use your master SQL skills to craft robust, accurate and sustainable data solutions
- Drive data modeling and data structure design
- Become a go-to expert around internal company data and SQL
- Although this position is not about keeping our data pipeline running, you will be writing Airflow ETLs
- 5+ years in a data engineer or SQL-heavy data analyst role
- Expert level SQL and interpretation of query execution plans
- Deep understanding of Looker architecture and its SQL generation
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and data modeling
What's In It For You?
- Competitive compensation packages
- Generous group health insurance plan
- Access to the virtual healthcare platform Dialogue
- Access to the company's stock option plan
- 16 days of vacation per year, which increases with seniority at the company
- Offices closed during the holidays
- Wellness allocation of $840 per year (for gym memberships, sportswear, etc.)
- In-house training programs on our company and industry
- Encouragement and funding of continuing education and training
- Very active social committee and free online sports classes
- Access to a tool that measures your engagement and job satisfaction anonymously
- Pairing with a buddy for your first 6 months
- Advantageous referral program
- Inclusive, inspiring, and dynamic work environment
- Casual dress code
- Work from home and flexible hours
- And more!